A Guide to Our Services
7 Marcus Square, Newry, BT34 1AY
Telephone: 028 3005 3748
PRACTICE OPENING HOURS
Monday – 8:30am-5:00pm
Tuesday – 8:30am-5:00pm
Wednesday – 8:30am-5:00pm
Thursday – 8:30am-5:00pm
Friday – 8:30am-5:00pm
Out of hours emergency cover is provided by emergency dental centre, Armagh;
Saturday – Sunday
Meet the staff;
Dental Surgeon – Dr Michael O’Neill
Dental Surgeon – Dr Orla O’Neill
Practice Manager – Niall Tumilty
Trainee Dental Nurse – Ellie Kershaw
Trainee Dental Nurse – Emma McMahon
Our Services; We offer both NHS and Private dental treatment. Please call or email to make an appointment.
- Your dental records will remain confidential and secure. Should we need to release them for any reason you will be contacted,
- You will have a consultation with the dental surgeon and a full medical history will be taken and recorded. After your dental examination (intra and extra oral) you will be advised of all treatment options and if required you will be given a written plan including costs of that course of treatment. Any bad news will be relayed to you by the professional dealing with your treatment in privacy.
- If you are not happy with your treatment and care we have a complaints procedure displayed in the waiting room.
- Information about NHS charges are available at reception.
- The dental surgeon will proceed when you have given your consent and agreed to the terms and conditions.
You are responsible for;
- Giving us at least 24 hours notice if you have to cancel or change an appointment
- Paying your bill promptly
- You may pay by cash, cheque, and debit or visa card.
Patients are encouraged to avail of the patient leaflet, visit the practice website and for further information required about the practice, speak to the practice manager or ask a member of staff.
The aim of this practice is to provide high quality dental care in surroundings that are accessible, comfortable, clean relaxing and friendly. We provide all aspects of dental care including x-rays, conservative dentistry, crowns, restorations, bridgework and root canal therapy. We also provide tooth whitening.
Our aim is also to provide good oral health care to our patients and focus on the prevention of dental disease. Our experienced dental hygienist provide this service.
We endeavour to meet the needs of our NHS and Private patients by explaining their treatment and involve them in the decision making. The dentist will advise you of the plan and cost of your treatment which will begin once your consent has been agreed. All information about any patient is private and confidential.
We survey our services each year and you may be asked to fill in a questionnaire. We encourage suggestions from our patients as to how we may improve our service to you. The results of any surveys are available at reception.
The patient experience will be monitored and reviewed. All feedback from our surveys and suggestion box will be discussed at meetings and any action taken to follow up on patient’s suggestions.
Please note that each year we will be inspected by the Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority. We will implement any of their inspection recommendations to comply with Dental Regulations.
The RQIA oversee the system for ensuring any dental practices providing dental care is registered. They may be contacted at the following address. A copy of their first inspection report of our practice will be available in reception. Should you wish to contact the RQIA their address is;
REGULATION AND QUALITY IMPROVEMENT AUTHORITY
2-4 Cromac Avenue
Tel; 028 95361111