Why should I consider white fillings?
If you are conscious of how your teeth look, a white filling may be preferable when you laugh or smile.
- No more unsightly fillings
- Less destructive to the tooth
- Less preparation and treatment time than amalgam fillings
- They come in a variety of shades to suit everyone
- Can be used widely in dentistry as it is bonded to the tooth
- White fillings are free from mercury and other metals which contain amalgam
Is it worth replacing my silver fillings with white fillings?
It is usually best to change fillings only when your dental team decide that an old filling needs replaced. If so, you can ask to have it replaced in a tooth-coloured material. White fillings in back teeth are not available on the NHS, but they can be carried out privately.